Day 7

 I was glad to return to my routine this Monday after a day off. I was back up at Seery Hill today doing barn work per usual. I started with feeding and water. Then put some horses out before started mucking. Today I did 11 stalls which really took a toll on my shoulders. I am a bit sore but I feel accomplished. Missy had a few Zoom and business calls to take care of so I was left to muck alone for part of the day. Most would think cleaning stalls is gross and boring, however, for me I find it to be very therapeutic. I first mucked a stall at the age of maybe 8, so it is a skill I have known how to do for many years. It has become a very mind-numbing task. Personally, I like it because it gives me time to think and work through things in my head. I also enjoy listening to podcasts or books during this time. So, today I cleaned stalls all day while I let my thoughts wander. Then just as I was finishing one of my last stalls I looked into a horse named Ajax's stall and there he was dozing in the afternoon light. Many of his neighbors did the same, Spencer, Holymoly, and Duke all had joined him. I love watching horses lay down and sleep because they only lay down when they feel safe. I finished the last stall and left the snoozers to finish their afternoon nap. 

Today's hours: 6

Total hours: 34.5 




Comments