Day 4


 The black flies are getting bad up at Seery Hill. The horses and I are fed up with it. Today I did the usual chores: getting all the horses fed, giving meds, dumping buckets, watering, etc. I am on pause for planning the show right now while we wait for more people to tell us they are coming. So I only have a few updates about that. Missy's assistant returned so there weren't as many stalls to do today which was nice, it gave my blisters a break. I removed some panels from the stalls out front to allow for more airflow. There were deer today wandering around the property and taking a nap in the shade which was pretty cute. My day's highlight was that my horse successfully completed the turnout without jumping the fence since coming home. He came home about two days ago and he's settled in so nicely. Last summer he had a lot of trouble adjusting to our rural environment. It took him about 2 months to finally be okay. So I am very pleased with his progress. We finished stalls today at 12:00 and so I went home to take a nap and eat lunch before coming back up for practice. Today was a solid day. 


Today's Hours: 4 

Total hours: 19.5


Comments

  1. How about some photos, Ani?! And yes, the black flies were BAD yesterday. Glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment