Week one reflection

    

    The first week of senior project is done! This week flew by. In the beginning, I was a bit nervous about how it was going to go. So far I have a good grip project and I have made good progress. This week I spent most of my time helping my mentor, Missy, at Seery Hill farm with barn chores. On top of that, I started the planning of my main project which is a horseshow. I will say the show itself is stressing me out a bit because I don’t think I realized how much planning it took as well as the time needed to put it together. The first two days were spent brainstorming and coming up with a date for the show as well as how we wanted to put it together. 

    Missy and I decided that it would be a good idea to make it available for all riders as well as make a class for the moms. This allows for a wider range of people to join and so with the little time we have we can get more to join. We then drafted and sent a text advertising the show and the fundraiser. Sarah, from the foundation, was so kind to pay for the ribbons as well as send us some prizes. This was so thoughtful and it really was a nice surprise for me that she offered to do that. I am a little stressed when it comes to the timing of everything because a lot of the stuff we are waiting on are things we ordered or people to decide if they are going to attend. These things play such an important role in the show itself but we just have to be patient and wait it out.

    This week has set me up well for the next week nicely because we did the bulk of the planning. Next week we will involve planning the classes out and gathering more necessary supplies as well as finalizing our list of participants. Our show is a week from Monday so the end of the week will be crunch time for me. My hope is that by this time next week, I will be ready for the show and all my supplies will be here. I also hope that everything runs smoothly next week so I feel more confident about the show. So far I have enjoyed my senior project. I enjoy doing barn chores and being tired at the end of the day. Each day feels productive and I feel good about the work I am getting done so far. 

Comments