Week 2 Reflection

This week didn’t go as I expected. I got pretty sick halfway through the week and so I felt like I got a little behind. I stayed home sick on Tuesday and so I didn’t get anything done. Wednesday I slept in and I felt a little better but I also didn’t get as much done as I wanted to. My work kind of built up over time and so I got a little overwhelmed towards the end of the week. Friday and Saturday I got caught up and so I’m feeling pretty prepared. This Sunday I also made up the hours I missed on Tuesday. I started preparing more of the barn for the show and so I feel pretty good about how the barn looks. 

I am a bit nervous about the show on Monday because I hope everyone comes that signed up. We have quite a few people who rsvped: maybe, so I am hoping we have the crowd we planned on. Right now I have about 4 sections and 8 classes as well as a few on-the-ground games. On Saturday I bought eggs for egg and spoon, cups for mint julep, and candy for ground games. There will be a bare-back class for the older kids, a class for the parents, and fun games for the kids. I have already received about $200 dollars in donations which is a good start! I have made jars and I am working on making a way for people to Venmo donations as well. 

I have overall had a good time learning about this process or planning a show on a small scale. It was more complicated than I imagined it would be. It has also been very nice to talk to Sarah Wilkins about the Jeffie Foundation and give back because I know Seery Hill meant a lot to Jeffie. Sarah has been a big help throughout all of this and I am eager to see the donations that we receive. As well as see my whole project come together. Monday will be a long day and I am excited to see how it all goes. I still have some work to do with set-up which will take most of the day Monday. However, as soon as 4:00 rolls around I think we will be ready.


Comments