Day 6

 Horse shows are more complicated than one might think.  There are many different roles needed to run a successful horse show. Today I spent most of the day researching, in depth what the roles mean. I've been to many shows so I had a general idea prior to what each role does, today my goal was to find out more. I learned about the qualifications for many of the roles. Some of the roles I researched were the Judge, Steward,  show manager, secretary, announcer, etc. There were more jobs than I thought, many jobs had assistants and so on. My show, because it is so small and will only have people from my barn, will not have many of these things. It will have a judge, and maybe an announcer. This is because it is a home show and super small. Many of the roles are meant to keep people in line and follow the rules. As well as making sure the show is moving at a reasonable pace. Some of these roles are dependent on whether or not the show is multiple days, for example, the stall manager. The stall manager is in charge of reserving stalls for people coming to the show, and this is only needed when the show is many days long. Besides my research, I had a pretty chill day. I went up to the barn for a little to help out and take care of my horse before heading home for the afternoon. 




Today's Hours: 5 

Total hours: 28.5 

Comments

  1. Keep those photos coming. I love to see “inside” your horse world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment