Day 3

    Today was a long one. I was back at Seery Hill for another day's work. I fed the horses and dumped their buckets. One of the horses had taken part of his wall down, so I used my handyman skills to nail it back up. I did about 9 stalls today! The black flies were getting bad so we couldn't turn a lot of the horses out. To work on show details today I ordered the ribbons for my classes, Missy and I decided to get about ten sets of first through sixth place. The total was about $140 which was a lot more money than I was expecting. My high of the day was probably being able to listen to my favorite podcast, Anything Goes, while I cleaned stalls. My low was getting blisters on my hands. Later in the day, I received an email from Sarah Wilkins, the founder of the Jeffie Foundation, about the show. I emailed her to let her know about the show and what my goals were, and she ended up offering to provide some prizes like tee shirts and other apparel. I am pretty excited about this and so I took her up on the offer. Hopefully, we can make that happen with the limited time that we have.


 

Today's hours: 6 

Total hours: 15.5 

Comments